Followers

Friday, October 28, 2011

DIY: Recycled Jewelry Holder




 Sense I just moved I was in need of a new big jewelry holder mainly for my necklaces. So I had bought a new full length mirror and it came with this big piece of cardboard. I 'm always trying to look for new ways to recycle things,so I ended up making this cute jewelry holder. This is a great way to store and display your jewelry each of the push pins hold 3 or 4 necklaces and also rings.

It's very easy to make all you need is a piece of cardboard, push pins, nails, and any other items you want to use to decorate it . I used acrylic paint, a paint brush, spray paint, tape, a sharpie,and some little word cards.



1) Start by laying down newspaper on the floor so you don't make a mess. Next I used white acrylic paint and just painted random areas on the cardboard.

2) Take your spray paint and spray all over the cardboard. (I used a navy blue spray paint)

3) I wrote my name at the top using acrylic paint then outlined it with a black sharpie. Glued on some word cards.


4) I used some red decorative tape and place it around the edges as a boarder

5) All that's left is to use some nails to hang it up. Then stick some push pins in to hold your jewelry.


No comments:

Post a Comment